Clemson Star Calls Out “Fake News” Following White House Report

first_imgpresident trump at the white house dinnerWASHINGTON, DC – JANUARY 14: (AFP OUT) U.S President Donald Trump presents fast food to be served to the Clemson Tigers football team to celebrate their Championship at the White House on January 14, 2019 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images)Earlier this week, a report suggested the majority of Clemson’s black football players did not attend the White House visit following the Tigers’ championship win over the Alabama Crimson Tide.According to the report, nearly “three-fourths of the school’s black football players took a hard pass on the chance to eat cold friends with the president f the people who eats salads from McDonald’s.”In the wake of that report, another article surfaced suggesting the players who did attend the visit felt pressured by Dabo Swinney to make an appearance.Former Clemson star Clelin Ferrell took to Twitter to make sure that misinformation stopped. He called it “fake news” in a post on Twitter.Check it out.“Fake News!!!!!” *Trumps Voice* ??????? https://t.co/E9MzF0HxPd— Clelin Ferrell (@Cle_Missile) January 30, 2019Ferrell played an integral part in Clemson’s success this season before announcing his plans to enter the 2019 NFL draft.Clearly Ferrell wasn’t comfortable with the report being out there and saw the need to make sure it wasn’t accepted as fact by the public. The initial report made it clear the players who spoke with The Root did not feel pressured by the coaching staff to make the trip to the White House.Ferrell will now turn his sights to the NFL draft where he projects as s first-round pick.last_img read more

Discoms should either return fixed charges collected from people or adjusted in

first_imgNEW DELHI: Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee Working President Haroon Yusuf said that the Delhi Congress abstained from the public hearing to discuss the power tariff hike, organised by regulator Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) on Wednesday, as the one-member DERC has become a joke as it is controlled like a puppet by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. He said that the meeting was reduced to a shadow boxing between the Aam Aadmi Party and the BJP to fool the people, who were represented by the Residents’ Welfare Associations. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsYusuf, a former Power Minister in Delhi, said that the DERC should comprise of three members, but for the past two years, it has been functioning with just one member, who is the chairman of the power regulatory body. He said that the Kejriwal Government has not bothered to fill the two vacant posts of members in the DERC, which shows the lack of interest of the AAP Government, in the affairs of the power regulatory body. Yusuf reiterated the Congress demand that the hiked fixed charges should be rolled back immediately and the crores collected on this head should be either returned to power consumers or adjusted in the power bills. Senior Congress leader Yusuf said that the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee has been demanding that the Rs 5040 crores collected by the power companies in fixed charges should either be returned to the consumers or no power tariff should be charged from the consumers for the next six months.last_img read more