OPM Chocolate, the division of OPM that supplies solutions for the confectionery industry, and represented in the UK by Hänsel UK (Peterborough, Cambs), has introduced an electronic piston-type forming machine for depositing fat, cream or sugar-based chocolate.Made from stainless steel, it has a double jacket to allow water circulation and an easily removable horizontal mixer.
A franchise company has secured funding to open three drive-through Tim Hortons sites in Scotland.Pizza Cake, which also operates Domino’s Pizza franchises, opened its first Tim Hortons site on Friday (14 December) in Stenhousemuir, as previously reported by British Baker.The franchise company, owned by Graeme and Lisa Tobias, plans to open two more Tim Hortons sites in 2019 after securing funding from HSBC. Some of the funds will be used to support the growth of Pizza Cake’s Domino’s franchise operation, which currently comprises 15 sites.Founded by its namesake, ice hockey player Tim Horton, in Canada in 1964, the café chain now has around 4,700 sites in Canada, the US, and around the world. Tim Hortons opened its first UK site in June 2017, and has since launched further sites in and around Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast and Manchester. It offers a menu including its signature coffee and Timbits bite-sized doughnuts.“Tim Hortons has a fantastic reputation for providing great coffee and quality quick service food so we’re really excited to be the business’s first UK franchisee,” said Graeme Tobias, adding Pizza Cake selected HSBC because of its track-record in funding franchise operators.HSBC said it was keen to support strong franchise businesses.“Graeme and Lisa run a successful franchise business in Scotland and Northern Ireland and are quick to act on opportunities for growth,” explained Grant Bett, relationship director at HSBC UK in Scotland.“We have a lot of expertise in providing funding packages that work for franchise growth and expansion plans. We look forward to seeing Pizza Cake bring new Tim Hortons and Domino’s locations to Scotland over the next year.”
Written By The Yankees activated All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman from the injured list after he recovered from COVID-19. The move came befor Monday night’s game against the Boston Red Sox.Chapman tested positive for the coronavirus during preseason camp on July 11 and has been away from the club since. The left-hander experienced only mild symptoms and constructed a weight room in his Manhattan apartment to stay in shape while quarantined.The 32-year-old Chapman was cleared to resume activity July 31 and has been working out at the team’s alternate site in Scranton, Pennsylvania.Chapman had a 2.21 ERA and 37 saves in 60 appearances last season. Yankees manager Aaron Boone said he’ll be conservative with Chapman’s workload early on, but he anticipates using his closer in high-leverage situations immediately.“Save situation, he’ll be in there tonight,” Boone said.AL batting leader DJ LeMahieu is expected to miss two to three weeks after going on the injured list Sunday with a sprained left thumb.Two doctors have evaluated imaging of LeMahieu’s thumb and agree there is a sprain but no fracture, and the Yankees also plan to consult the hand specialist that treated LeMahieu when he had a similar injury in 2018 while with Colorado. LeMahieu broke a small bone in his thumb that year and missed about 2 1/2 weeks.“Feel petty good about where it’s at right now,” Boone said about his leadoff man, who is batting .411.Injured outfielders Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton both worked out at Yankee Stadium on Monday, and Judge planned to resume baseball activities. Judge was placed on the injured list last week with a right calf strain, and Stanton is recovering from a strained left hamstring.Judge pleaded with the Yankees not to go on the injured list and believes he could already be back playing, but New York is being cautious. He’s eligible to be activated Saturday.Stanton hasn’t played since Aug. 8. The oft-injured slugger was slimmed down and moving better this season before the injury, and he said Monday that made it all the more frustrating to end up on the IL yet again.Stanton has been placed on the IL/DL in six of his nine pro seasons and appeared in just 18 games in 2019.“Words can’t really describe the disappointment I’ve had over this,” he said Monday. He also acknowledged resentment held by some Yankees fans, saying that if he were in their shoes, “I would be disappointed. I am disappointed.”Image credits: AP LIVE TV Associated Press Television News SUBSCRIBE TO US First Published: 18th August, 2020 08:56 IST Last Updated: 18th August, 2020 08:56 IST Yankees Activate Closer Chapman After COVID-19 Bout The Yankees activated All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman from the injured list after he recovered from COVID-19. The move came befor Monday night’s game against the Boston Red Sox WATCH US LIVE COMMENT FOLLOW US