Maggette currently works as a basketball analyst at Fox Sports, which told The Times it was “looking into the matter.” Related News Maggette denied the report in a statement to The Times: “It has only been through media accounts and a statement from Meredith Watson’s lawyer that I first learned or heard of anything about these sexual assault allegations. I have never sexually assaulted anyone in my life and I completely and categorically deny any such charge.” Former Duke basketball player Corey Maggette has “categorically” denied The New York Times’ report Monday that he was the previously unidentified athlete accused of raping a woman who also alleges that Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax sexual assaulted her at the university.An attorney for the woman, Meredith Watson, said in a statement on Friday that she had been raped in 1999 by a former Duke player but didn’t identify the player. The Times cited a childhood friend of Watson and Facebook messages Watson exchanged with another friend in identifying Maggette as the player. He played one season at Duke, in 1998-99, and went on to a 14-season NBA career. Duke to investigate sexual assault allegation against former basketball player Duke announced in a statement Saturday it, too, was “looking into the matter” after Friday’s initial allegation that a former player was accused of sexual assault: “Duke first learned of the allegations involving a student-athlete (Thursday) night when they were reported by the media. Coach (Mike) Krzyzewski confirms that he had no knowledge of the alleged conduct from 1999.”Watson has accused Fairfax of sexually assaulting her on campus in 2000 in Durham, North Carolina, while both were students at Duke. She did not report the alleged assault by Fairfax after Duke discouraged her from pursuing the earlier case against Maggette, according to a Facebook message from Watson acquired by The Times.