There will be no ban on opening new apartments, the recategorization process is expected

first_img“This is not a ban initiative, nor is it being thought about and planned, but it is a matter of working well. We also talked about this at a meeting with representatives of the Family Tourism Association at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce, led by President Martina Nimac Kalcina, with the message that everyone in the destination, including family accommodation must participate and contribute to the creation of quality products”, The minister explained. “Given that, we are satisfied that it was said that there will be no ban or restrictions”, Said Nimac Kalcina and added that most private accommodation, approximately 70 percent, is categorized with three stars. Cappelli announced that this is why we should wait for the development and adoption of a new tourism development strategy, which will be a national plan for the sustainability of tourism, which will, among other things, define further procedures for family accommodation. Completion of the strategy is planned for this year. A statement by the tourism minister last week that the tourism ministry is considering a temporary ban or restriction on opening new apartments in a way that would allow cities and counties to restrict the opening of new apartments has raised a lot of dust among private renters. She pointed out that the Community absolutely agrees that for the sake of sustainable development, the destination should be diversified in relation to all types of accommodation and catering facilities, and local authorities should be empowered to make decisions that would affect the destination in that direction, but not prohibitions and restrictions, rather than other decisions and tools. Nimac Kalcina: We are satisfied that there is no ban and we imitate sustainable development The president of the Association of Family Accommodation at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce, Nimac Kalcina, believes that local units should decide for themselves in which direction to develop their destinations and take care of the equal ratio of all catering facilities, including family accommodation. He added that the meeting concluded that they will have the best information on everything after recategorization in the next three to four years, which will not only cover everyone from family accommodation, but also other types of accommodation in tourism. Reactions came from all sides, and social networks were “heated” by various comments. However, there will be no bans or restrictions on opening new apartments. Namely, at the meeting of the representatives of the Family Tourism Association at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce with Minister Gari Cappelli, it was concluded that private accommodation renters and those who intend to do so do not have to worry or fear work bans because they will not, but re-categorization which will cover everything, reports H1. Source: N1last_img read more

Did Vince Carter play his final NBA game? Future Hall of Famer reflects on potentially ‘weird’ end to career

first_imgVINCE FOREVER. pic.twitter.com/e0XNrvbROS— FOX Sports: Hawks (@HawksOnFSSE) March 12, 2020MORE: What may come next for NBA after Rudy Gobert’s positive testIt remains to be seen whether the 2019-20 NBA season will be canceled, but as the pandemic causes life to come to a standstill in many parts of the world, Carter is comfortable with the notion his playing career might be done.”If it ended today and you know this day, this end of the season, these last 16 games, will be talked about for a very long time,” Carter said. “And that’s something I’ll always remember, at least I scored my last basket and there’ll be a weird but cool memory.”It’s a weird way to say I’m calling it a career, it really is. You’re used to, you don’t have any more games left. Instead, I technically have what I will consider eligibility. I have 15 games left, technically — but if not, I’m [at] one with it.”Did Vince Carter just retire?I am in shock right now. What a crazy night… #nbatwitter #wethenorth pic.twitter.com/DAs7NLIe1R— Taz Khan 🇨🇦 (@The_ExtraPoints) March 12, 2020Speaking in a news conference, Carter recalled a chat with the late Kobe Bryant that allowed him to come to terms with the idea this would be his final year playing, saying it gave him “the confidence and comfort” to speak openly about walking away.”It’s cool, though. Basketball has been good to me and I’ve enjoyed every moment, good and bad,” Carter said.The World Health Organization said there have been 129,822 coronavirus cases globally, and 4,751 deaths.”When you throw the word ‘death’ around, I think that kind of shocks everybody and puts us in a frenzy and puts everyone on guard. You can’t get away from that,” Carter said. “You feel for everyone who has a lot more to worry about than us as young athletes. We’re just doing the right thing. Yes it feels weird, but I’m okay with it because I understand what is the bigger picture.”Such a weird night but I am truly thankful for each and every person during this 22yr journey.If this is really it, I thank everyone for your love and support for all these years.B E Z✌🏽— Vince Carter (@mrvincecarter15) March 12, 2020The eight-time All-Star became the first player in league history to play in 22 NBA seasons when he began his second campaign with the Hawks.Carter, who was the fifth overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, has also played with the Raptors, Nets, Magic, Suns, Mavericks, Grizzlies and Kings. Vince Carter had accepted this would be his final NBA season — and now he has resigned himself to the fact it might already be over.The 43-year-old nailed a 3-pointer with 13 seconds remaining in the Hawks’ 136-131 loss to the Knicks on Wednesday evening. That might be his last act as a player in the NBA with the coronavirus threat leading the league to suspend all games indefinitely.last_img read more

Former Italy coach Cesare Maldini dies, aged 84

first_imgFormer AC Milan defender and Italy coach Cesare Maldini has died at the age of 84.Born in Trieste in 1932, Maldini won four Serie A titles with Milan, as well as their first European Cup in 1963, as a player. He then managed the club between 1972-1974.He was capped 14 times by Italy.In 1996, he became the coach of Italy – with son Paolo captaining the team – before going on to lead Paraguay in the 2002 World Cup.AC Milan tweeted on Saturday: “Goodbye dear Cesare. Today the world loses a great man and we lose a page of our history.”Maldini was also the manager of Italy at Under-21 level, winning the European Championships a record three times in a row from 1992 to 1996.He took the senior squad to the 1998 World Cup quarter-finals and lead Paraguay at the 2002 World Cup.There is now a third generation of Maldini at Milan, as his grandson Christian plays for the youth team.Born on February 5, 1932, Cesare was a beloved figure in Italian football for his sweet nature and ever-present smile, reports football-italia.net.He played 347 games in the Milan jersey from 1954 to 1966, scoring three goals, while he was also captain in 1962-63.His management career could not have started stronger, as he was assistant manager to Enzo Bearzot when Italy won the World Cup in 1982.last_img read more