Politics led to the deaths in Benghazi

first_imgAfter the attack, both Obama and Mrs. Clinton both blamed a video that little to no one had seen, when in fact the night of the attack Mrs. Clinton emailed her daughter and told her Al-Qaida had attacked our embassy.In Niger, the soldiers were on patrol in a dangerous area. There were no requests for more security. They knew there was a chance of armed conflict and they were armed. No one from the Trump administration has tried to blame a video or make any other excuse.I know as an informed reader it’s fun to watch the Democrats try to blame President Trump for what happened in Niger. Unfortunately, there’s no comparison. Obama and Mrs. Clinton were never found to be responsible for Benghazi. I believe they just ignored the requests for added security, and once the attack occurred, they denied any culpability because Obama’s re-election would be hurt if the truth ever came out.The fact is, politics led to the death of the four Americans in Benghazi and four brave Americans lost their lives. In Niger, four brave Americans lost their lives, period.Dave EdwardsHalfmoonMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationFoss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?EDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesHigh-risk COVID exposure reported in Clifton ParkEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motorists Re Oct. 31 letter, “Politics has no place in Benghazi, Niger”: The only thing that the attack in Benghazi and the attack in Niger have in common is both were carried out by Muslims and, in both cases, four Americans were killed.As Mr. Gary Guido stated, attacks happen and unfortunately people will be killed.The attack in Benghazi occurred just a week or two after the Democratic convention in 2012, at which Obama proclaimed that al-Qaida is on the run.In addition, the ambassador had requested on multiple occasions increased security. Somehow the person responsible, Mrs. Clinton, never saw the requests. How could they need more security after the president had declared Al-Qaida basically destroyed? Categories: Letters to the Editor, Opinionlast_img read more

Call for children’s ministry watchdog as complaints rise

first_imgRadio NZ News 26 July 2017Family First Comment: We’ve been calling for this for years!!The number of complaints against the Ministry for Vulnerable Children has doubled over four years, with a third being upheld.Figures released under the Official Information Act show formal complaints jumped from 512 in the year ending June 2012 – when it was called Child, Youth and Family – to 971 in the year ending June 2016. The number stood at 699 for the nine months to the end of March 2017.In total, some 4949 complaints had been received since 2012, with 1088 partly upheld and 565 fully upheld.The high point was in the year ending June 2014 when complaints totalled 1080, with 242 partly upheld and 125 fully upheld.“The number of complaints needs to be put into context,” the ministry said in a statement.“The ministry received over 63,000 care and protection notifications for the six-month period … to December 2016 and … had over 5000 children in the custody of the chief executive.”READ MORE: http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/335817/call-for-children-s-ministry-watchdog-as-complaints-riselast_img read more

Wire Tap

first_imgThe USC Performing Arts Committee hosted the “USC Arts Incubator: Break into Incubation” event on Thursday for students interested in learning how to make wire statues as well as how to get more involved in the arts.last_img

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho suspended for 30 days

first_imgLiverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has been suspended for 30 days by UEFA following his failed drugs test.The ban is a provisional one, with UEFA opening disciplinary proceedings against the Frenchman and lauching an investigation into his doping violation. Hamann: ‘I have no sympathy for Sakho.. he couldn’t argue with TWO-YEAR ban’Sakho failed a drugs test earlier in April after testing positive for a banned type of a fat-burning substance.The 26-year-old had the chance to contest the charge, but instead opted against a further sample being tested.Sakho has not played since scoring a goal against Everton in Liverpool’s 4-0 Merseyside derby win on April 20.UEFA said in a statement on its website: “Disciplinary proceedings have been instigated against Liverpool FC player Mamadou Sakho, following the UEFA Europa League round of 16 second-leg match between Manchester United FC and Liverpool FC (1-1), played on March 17.“The proceedings relate to a violation of the UEFA anti-doping regulations, after the player failed a doping test at the above-mentioned match.“The player did not request the analysis of the B sample. UEFA has now suspended the player provisionally for 30 days until a final decision is taken by the UEFA control, ethics and disciplinary body.“The date of the disciplinary hearing will be announced at a later stage.”Liverpool play the first leg of their Europa League semi-final at Villarreal on Thursday evening.Sakho was not on the team’s flight on Wednesday lunchtime as it is understood the club and the player have jointly agreed he will remain unavailable for selection during this process.Sakho had also been left out of Saturday’s draw with Newcastle after the anti-doping violation emerged last week. 1 Mamadou Sakho could be facing a lengthy ban for a doping violation last_img read more

Progress reported on dengue vaccine

first_imgPARIS – Trials in Thailand with a candidate vaccine for dengue, a potentially fatal mosquito-borne disease, have shown it to protect against three of the four virus strains, its French maker said last week.The first trials in humans proved the vaccine was safe and represented a key milestone in the quest for a dengue jab, vaccine-maker Sanofi Pasteur Executive Vice President Michel De Wilde said in a statement.“This is also an important development for global public health, since there is currently no specific treatment or prevention for dengue.”The World Health Organization says the disease infects between 50-100 million people every year and kills more than 20,000 – mainly in tropical and subtropical regions of Asia and Latin America, but is expanding rapidly including to parts of Europe.Researchers estimate that some 3 billion people live in regions susceptible to dengue contagion and another 20 million tourists pass through them.The disease caused by one of four virus serotypes results in fever, aches, rashes, vomiting and in rare cases death. Children are especially vulnerable.Sanofi Pasteur said its candidate vaccine was effective against three of the four virus serotypes and analyses were under way “to understand the lack of protection for the fourth.”The company conducted trials on 4,000 children aged 4-11 in Thailand’s Muang district, the results of which have yet to be published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.Larger Phase III trials with 31,000 adults and children are taking place in 10 countries in Asia and Latin America. Facebook Comments No related posts.last_img read more