Bahamas minister of labor Dion Foulkes Foreigners to take back seat in bid for local jobsNewly- installed Prime Minister Dr Hubert Minnis has issued a directive that Bahamians must fill all available posts before any consideration is given to foreigners.Minister of Labor Dion Foulkes has acted on the order and made it clear that he has already been “very strict” in approving labor certificates for work permits and has denied or deferred several applications since taking office just over two weeks ago.“The Prime Minister has given me directions to ensure that no foreigner gets a permit where there is a Bahamian available to do the job,” Foulkes said while speaking on a local radio talk show yesterday.Noting the Bahamas has “a serious unemployment problem”, Foulkes was adamant there would be no backing down from implementing the policy.“Wherever there is a Bahamian who is qualified to do the job and a foreigner or an expat is applying for that position, we will refuse the application,” he insisted.He cited a recent case where a work permit request from a hotel was turned down because there were unemployed Bahamians qualified to fill the post.“We had an application from a major hotel for a food and beverage director. I declined it, because there are Bahamians who are trained in food and beverage in this country who are unemployed and we know who they are and we are sending some of them to that hotel to be interviewed,” the minister said.Foulkes expressed concern that some companies were trying various tactics to bypass the rule, charging that some had set unfair criteria to deter Bahamians.“For example, say you want a front desk manager at one of the hotels, but (the candidate) must be fluent in four languages. That’s absolutely ridiculous. What that means is they have somebody at their head office who speaks four languages and they want to bring them to Nassau.”He disclosed that where special skills were required, the employer must identify a Bahamian who has skills in that area to train for the post, to eventually take over from the foreign worker.
Related The search for a quality striker continues for Italian giants AC Milan and that prompted a meeting with ‘Super Agent’ Jorge Mendes on Tuesday eveningMilan officials and Mendes met to discuss potential transfers for the trio of Diego Costa, Radamel Falcao and Renato Sanches.Sky Sport Italia photographed directors Massimiliano Mirabelli and Marco Fassone in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, which was where they met.The Italian club’s interest in Portuguese youngster Renato Sanches is an open secret with the midfielder confirming that AC Milan was “an interesting option.” but they are yet to agree any deal with his German Club (Bayern Munich).AC Milan’s search for a leading marksman continue to gather pace with Diego Costa and Radamel Falcao possible target. Jorge Mendes represents both players.Brazilian-born Spanish striker Diego Costa is on his way out of Chelsea due to his poor relationship with manager Antonio Conte. His preferred destination is Atletico Madrid but he might have to wait till January to secure a move as a result of the Spanish club’s transfer ban.Costa could move to another club, AC Milan inclusive, this summer before joining Atletico in 2018.Colombian striker Radamel Falcao is another striking option but he only signed a new deal with his French club AS Monaco last month. The 31-year old recovered from injury and loss of form to lead his club to the Ligue 1 title and Champions League semi-finals.Torino star Andrea Belotti and Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang also remain targets but they will have to pay a lot of money to secure any transfer.
Cameroon coach Hugo Broos couldn’t help but admit that the Indomitable Lions lost to a better team after seeing his side humiliated 4-0 by Nigeria’s Super Eagles in Friday’s 2018 World Cup qualifying match in Uyo.Odion Ighalo, John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses and Kelechi Iheanacho were all on target as rampant Eagles crushed the Lions to dim their hopes of making it the Mundial in Russia next year.Speaking at a post-match press conference, the Belgium who was rumoured to have resigned as coach of Cameroon after the humiliating defeat, noted that the Super Eagles could have even won by a wider margin as his team played second fiddle in the encounter.“We did what we have to do but for the rest of the game, Nigeria was better; faster than us; was more determined in one-against-one,” Broos said.“I think we had, maybe one chance and that says enough about the game. We lost 4-0 but Nigeria had another three, four chances.“So again, it was a nice victory for Nigeria and they were the best team today,” admitted the 65-year old.The defeat leaves Cameroon 7 points behind Nigeria with both teams set to face-off on Monday in the reverse fixture in Yaounde.Audio Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Broos-September-2.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.RelatedHugo Broos Still In Charge Of Cameroon National Team, Laughs Over Resignation RumoursSeptember 2, 2017In “Africa”AUDIO: We Can’t Afford To Lose To Nigeria – Cameroon Coach, Hugo BroosAugust 31, 2017In “Africa”INSIDE AFCON 2019: Rohr Calls Nigeria Underdogs Ahead of Cameroon Clash (AUDIO)July 5, 2019In “AFCON”
Lobi Stars striker Anthony Okpotu reaped his rewards for a wonderful season after he emerged as a double winner at the League Bloggers Awards (LBA) end-of-season ceremony held on Tuesday.The award ceremony featured 13 categories that covered the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), the Nigeria National League (NNL) and the Nigeria Women’s Premier League (NWPL).Okpotu won the highest goalscorer prize, for scoring 19 times in the NPFL last season, and the best player award at the event held at the Sheraton Hotel in Lagos.Plateau United winger Peter Eneji was also an award recipient as he was named Best New Player in the NPFL. He saw off Chinedu Udechukwu of Katsina United, Destiny Ashadi of Katsina United, Oche Salefu of Remo Stars and Wasiu Alalade of ABS FC for the award.MFM FC’s Benin Republic star Giscard Tchatto claimed the Best Foreign Player ahead of Kodjovi Dadzie (Akwa United), Fatau Dauda (Enyimba) and Idrissa Bamba (FC Ifeanyiubah).Nasarawa United goalkeeper Suraj Ayeleso won the Best NPFL Goalkeeper award ahead of Akwa United’s Olorunleke Ojo, Mustapha Aliko of Niger Tornadoes and Dele Ajiboye of Plateau United.FULL LIST OF WINNERS:BEST NEW PLAYERPeter Eneji (Plateau United)BEST FOREIGN PLAYERGiscard Tchatto (MFM FC)BEST GOALKEEPERSuraj Ayeleso (Nasarawa United)BEST DEFENDERDaniel Itodo (Plateau United)BEST MIDFIELDERBatholomew Ikechukwu Ibenegbu (Enyimba)CLUB OF THE YEARPlateau United FC JosCOACH OF THE YEARKennedy Boboye (Plateau Utd)BEST NPFL NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERIkechukwu Ezenwa (FC Ifeanyiubah)GOAL OF THE SEASONSikiri Olatunbosun (MFM v Rangers)BEST NWPL PLAYERRasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo)BEST NNL PLAYERMichael Ohanu (Kwara United)HIGHEST GOAL SCORERAnthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars) 19 GoalsPLAYER OF THE SEASONAnthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars)RelatedAUDIO: Delighted Okpotu Dedicates LBA Accolades to God, TeammatesNovember 29, 2017In “Nigeria”I’m Not In A Hurry To Leave The NPFL – Okpotu (AUDIO)March 3, 2018In “Nigeria”AUDIO: Excited Okpotu Dedicates NPFL Golden Boot To God, Less-Privileged, Teammates.September 11, 2017In “Nigeria”
EU research agency demands urgent action on loot box consumer safeguards July 29, 2020 IGT sanctions capped $300m senior debt note sale June 9, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Jason Ader – No Boogeyman… Activism will play a vital part in reshaping gambling August 20, 2020 Submit Share Related Articles Walter BugnoUpdating the market, gambling and lottery technology firm IGT Group (IGT) has confirmed that it has secured an 8-year extension to its lead systems supplier arrangement with Czech Republic gambling operator SYNOT Group.Confirming the contract extension, IGT will continue to be the main supplier of gaming systems for SYNOT gambling operations in the operator’s key markets of the Czech Republic and Slovakia.SYNOT has been a partner of IGT’s GTECH gambling systems since 2004, with the industry technology supplier delivering interactive video terminals, games content and operational management systems.Through its GTECH provisions, IGT will continue to support SYNOT with system upgrades and content enhancements aswell as full maintenance support.The continued agreement, sees IGT continue its strong start to 2017, in which the company has renewed lead supplier licenses with Svenska Spel (Sweden) and Loto-Quebec (Canada), Coljuegos (Colombia) and Loterie Suisse Romande (Switzerland)“SYNOT Group is a major player in the gaming machine markets in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia, and we are happy to continue delivering our proven solutions and services in these key markets,” said Walter Bugno, IGT CEO, International. “This extension also further strengthens our relationship with SYNOT as we look to explore additional joint opportunities in the future.”
Submit Share StumbleUpon Tabcorp calls for leadership makeover as Attenborough ends CEO tenure July 23, 2020 Tabcorp double burdened by covid and group impairment charges August 19, 2020 Share Related Articles Tabcorp expects $1bn hit as ‘COVID and retail contractions’ take effect August 3, 2020 Bernadette McLoughlinRedundancies are on the cards at Sun Bets, the online bookmaker run by Australian operator Tabcorp Holdings and with UK national newspaper The Sun, as the business gets ‘reset’ after a disappointing start.Tabcorp has confirmed that the company is in discussion with a number of its employees as it looks to close its customer contact centre and bring all operations into the Shard headquarters.The company said that at its launch in August 2016, several services and activities were front-loaded to deliver for a new and growing customer base, adding: “Tabcorp now intends to reset the business, including its leadership.”As part of the reorganisation, Bernadette McLoughlin has been appointed to the position of Executive Director Sun Bets. Joining McLoughlin on the leadership team, in the role of Chief Commercial Officer is Lachlan Fitt.McLoughlin has been in the UK since February as Chief Operating Officer and acting Country Head. She has more than 30 years of experience in the wagering sector. Lachlan Fitt, was formerly Tabcorp’s GM Investor Relations & Corporate Strategy and was pivotal in the establishment of Sun Bets.Tabcorp added: “In addition we’re proposing changes that mean a number of Tabcorp roles at Sun Bets are at risk of redundancy. Most are at the South Quay site with the remainder at The Shard. In line with UK requirements, a consultation process has begun with individuals in those roles or with their elected employee representatives.“On the assumption the proposed changes go ahead following employee consultation, we anticipate the South Quay contact centre will relocate to The Shard.“We believe these changes will leave Sun Bets well placed to compete and drive growth as we lead into a sporting calendar that includes Royal Ascot, the summer cricket test series and the Premier League season.”The fact that the Sun Bets customer service was ‘front loaded’ suggests that the company was expecting way more traffic than it has received – even with the backing of the country’s biggest selling newspaper. There’s no getting away from the fact that it has been a troubled start for the project. The fact that Tabcorp suggested back in February that Sun Bets would create an EBITDA loss of AU$36m (£20m) for Tabcorp during the financial year and the much-heralded arrival of Jamie Hart to run the operation, only for him to leave within six months, provide an indication as to why Tabcorp feels the need to reach for the reset button.
Related Articles StumbleUpon Dave McDowell, FSB: Hitting the bullseye during the global sports blackout June 8, 2020 Share Better Collective Spotlight: How Betarades.gr is driving engagement through YouTube July 30, 2020 Share Submit ESI Digital Summit: Esports targets place at broadcasting’s top table May 27, 2020 Matt WilsonFan-led sports content specialist agency Ball Street has announced the launch of its YouTube summer football tournament, sponsored by sports user engagement app FanLeague.The Social media specialist launches its ‘FanLeague Cup’ football tournament which will feature a number of popular YouTube football teams and commentary from Ball Street network contributors.Founded in 2012 by former media executives Matt Wilson and Stuart McDonald, Ball Street has grown to become one of the biggest sports content publishers on multiple social media verticals.The FanLeague Cup will be promoted throughout Ball Street channels and its partner content networks, with a view of creating significant visibility for new sports app FanLeague.Ball Street Co-founder and CEO Matt Wilson explained: “The whole premise of the Ball Street Network is to unleash the power of fans working together. So it’s in our DNA to build something where the YouTube football community comes together to create an exciting narrative that will generate engagement at scale and therefore huge value for the brands that have the foresight to get involved.“The FanLeague Cup not only allows us to do what we love – play football – but it also allows to do what we do best: bringing the power of big ideas, creativity, network and black book together to create amazing experiences for that fans, creators and brands can enjoy together”. This we feel is a refreshing alternative to the world where millions of ad dollars are wasted on advertising people don’t want.”FanLeague co-founder and CEO Markus Jennemyr backed Ball Street as partner, “FanLeague is all about connecting fans globally and providing a social football experience and, just like our game, the FanLeague Cup is about mates competing and putting their footballing abilities to the test.“We strongly believe in fan-led media and Ball Street is a key strategic partner for us to achieve our goal of building the largest online football community in the world. The FanLeague Cup is a great example of our partnership and we are very proud to be the headline sponsor of this tournament.”
SG OpenMarket approval sees SportCaller expand FTP distribution capacity August 18, 2020 Share Submit Share StumbleUpon SG ramps up digital expansion with Nederlandse Loterij deal August 24, 2020 Xtremepush secures ‘OpenMarket’ supplier accreditation August 26, 2020 Related Articles Keith O’Loughlin – SG DigitalSG Digital (Scientific Games Corporation) has announced its latest North American commercial partnership, confirming that it has secured an extensive sports betting solutions supplier contract with the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC – Canada).BCLC a current partner of OpenBet sports betting solutions, will move to fully integrate SG Digital systems, upgrading its entire sportsbook portfolio.SG Digital upgrades for BCLC will include live betting provisions, streamlined cash-out functionalities, optimised CRM capabilities and additional promotional mechanisms.Updating stakeholders, SG Digital aims to deliver BCLC its full sports betting suite by the end of 2018.Backing BCLC’s upgrades, Keith O’Loughlin, SVP Sportsbook and Platforms at SG Digital, said, “Together, SG Digital and BCLC will drive the Canadian market to a new sports betting era. We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with a longstanding and respected operator in the online space.”“Our OpenBet products are a perfect fit for BCLC, and we look forward to our continued partnership.”Last May, Scientific Games governance confirmed that the it would move to expand SG Digital’s technology development team in Stockholm Sweden, as its subsidiary prepares for significant commercial uptake in new markets.
StumbleUpon Submit Share Alberto Alfieri: Leading the way for Gamingtec’s B2C growth August 25, 2020 Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Related Articles MoneyMatrix boosts wire transfer options by integrating Klarna’s Sofort August 24, 2020 Accommodating its future commercial growth strategy, industry platform and technology services provider EveryMatrix has unveiled the development of its new office in Malta.EveryMatrix’s Maltese expansion has been led by new Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) Ian Freeman who joined the company in H1 2018 from competitor Kambi Group Plc.Securing a new single-point location for EveryMatrix commercial operations, Freeman will be tasked with driving the firm’s global growth initiatives.The Malta office supports the company’s growth strategy after the re-launch of its flagship product, CasinoEngine Integration Platform, which has increased the company’s development, human resources requirements and the need for a more complex and structured commercial team.Updating the market, Ebbe Groes, EveryMatrix CEO, commented: “The new Malta office opening was a natural step in our business growth strategy. Over the last years, we have been quite busy recreating our software platform, using advanced technologies with the purpose to deliver answers to our clients’ challenges, improve scalability and offer an overall improved experience.“But technology is nothing if we do not find the right commercial context for our products, henceforth expanding our Malta office was the logical decision at the present times.“Establishing our main commercial office in Malta will raise the bar and will work towards the goal of connecting different commercial teams and imprint upon them a common vision under the leadership of Ian.“We are confident that this expansion will increase our ability to better serve many of our existing clients, while giving us the opportunity to develop further business relationships as we navigate through a very demanding industry.”Benefiting from Malta’s unique gaming ecosystem and the opportunity of being physically close to a number of operators and gaming professionals, EveryMatrix is looking to consolidate even more its position in the industry and help Malta based operators, like Tipico, to run efficient casino operations and provide premium products for their target markets in a safe, regulated and responsible gaming environment.