0Shares0000Juventus’ forward from Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo kicks the ball during the friendly football match between Juventus A and Juventus B at Villar Perosa, on August 12, 2018 at Villar Perosa. © AFP / Isabella BonottoMILAN, Italy, Aug 17 – Cristiano Ronaldo is curious to find out about life in Serie A and will make his debut in the opening match of the season for champions Juventus against Chievo in Verona, coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed on Friday.Allegri said the 33-year-old was eager to play in Serie A after his 100 million euro transfer from Real Madrid last month. The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has appeared in two warm-up friendlies for Juventus but did not travel with the team to the United States.“I didn’t give Ronaldo any advice. He’s very intrigued to understand how teams play in Italy,” said Allegri as Juventus begin their campaign on Saturday.“Ronaldo will make his debut. (Wojciech) Szczesny, (Giorgio) Chiellini, (Leonardo) Bonucci and (Miralem) Pjanic will play and the two full-backs on each side will be (Joao) Cancelo and Alex Sandro.“Everyone is in good condition, even (Mario) Mandzukic and (Blaise) Matuidi, who both went all the way to the final in the World Cup.”But Allegri warned his team not to rely too much on the Portuguese superstar as they target an eighth straight Serie A title.“It’s time to put aside the excitement of the arrival of great players and the greatest of all, we have to keep our feet on the ground, keep a low profile,” continued Allegri.“We mustn’t make the mistake of thinking that we can win because we have Cristiano. He’s an added value in a team that has played two Champions finals in the last four years.”“Players like Ronaldo are different from all the others: it shows in what he has won, he is a stimulus for everyone.“It will be a difficult campaign and we need to be prepared and remain focused, because tomorrow at 18:00 (1600GMT) the season begins and we will find a tough Chievo side waiting for us.“I’m curious to see how the team fares.”0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
(661) 476-4586160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A female teacher who tried to stop the fight was pushed down and kicked, Villa said. A second teacher was punched when he came to help. A deputy arrived and restored order, Villa said. The Eastside district hired a school deputy to patrol its four campuses and provide a law enforcement presence amid staff concern about campus safety. A second deputy will be hired in the wake of Thursday’s fight, Villa said. In addition, the number of hours worked by campus supervisors will be doubled from three to six daily. firstname.lastname@example.org LANCASTER – Security has been beefed up at Cole Middle School after a racially motivated fight that injured two teachers who tried to break it up, officials said Friday. Three students were arrested, one on suspicion of assault and battery on a school official and the two others for fighting on campus, following the Thursday morning dust-up. They also were suspended from school, pending expulsion hearings. A handful of other students who watched the fight and egged on the participants received five-day suspensions, officials said. The incident started as an argument between between two eighth-grade boys and escalated into violence when one of them uttered a racial slur, said Roberto Villa, superintendent of the Eastside Union School District. The third boy got involved to back up his friend.
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has told talkSPORT he doesn’t want ANY West Ham players to play for England.The likes of Mark Noble, Andy Carroll and Aaron Cresswell have all been linked with call-ups to Roy Hodgson’s squad in recent months, though none are likely to be included in the Euro 2016 squad.Hammers fans were angered that Noble, in particular, was overlooked for recent friendless against Germany and Holland, but Sullivan was relieved his stars remained at home.The Upton Park chief is still sour after former striker Dean Ashton was forced to retire from a serious ankle injury he picked up during a Three Lions training session back in 2009.It was a huge blow for West Ham at the time, and Sullivan does not want another similar incident to jeopardise the team as they continue their impressive rise and begin a new era at the Olympic Stadium.“For me, and this is a horrible thing to say, I don’t want any of our players to play for England,” Sullivan told the Sports Bar.“I saw what happened to Dean Ashton, where we lost a vital player [to an injury he suffered on international duty] and we never got a penny off the FA for that.”Asked if he feels the same about the club’s other international players, such as French playmaker Dimitri Payet and Italian defender Angelo Ogbonna he added: “I’m just saying that for me as a club owner, when they go away they play extra games, they risk injury and it does nothing for me.“If you want to sell them it probably increases their value, but we have desire to sell any of our players.“I’m just saying, with my West Ham hat on, that I wish we had no internationals and I wish the players would have a nice long break.“Often, players who take part in those big tournaments then struggle in the next season because they don’t get a long enough break in the summer.“But that’s not to say we will not still look to buy international players. Of course we will.”He added jokingly: “I’ve tried to bribe them to retire [from international duty], but they won’t retire!”Listen to the full interview with David Sullivan IN FULL above!
A truck-driver who overtook six cars on a continuous white line and forced other cars to take evasive action posed a “terrifying prospect’, a Judge has said.Letterkenny court.Driver Anthony Donaghey appeared before Letterkenny District Court yesterday charged with dangerous driving on March 21st, 2013. Donaghey, 32, of Carrowmore, Gleneely was observed by Gardai traveling down the Lurgybrack hill outside Letetrkenny on the evening in question.It was raining heavily but Donaghey was reaching speeds of up to 110kph and overtook six cars on a continuous white line.Cars coming in the opposite direction were also forced to pull into the left hand lane, the court was told.Garda Sgt Jim Collins said in his statement that they followed the driver and eventually apprehended him on the dual carriageway.Donaghey had no previous convictions and was only driving the articulated lorry as a favour for a friend.Solicitor Frank Dorrian said Donaghey was very apologetic for what had happened.However, he said his client had got out of his lorry a short time before the incident and had caught his hand in the door of the truck.“He was in great pain and there can be a good or bad reason for anything.“A disqualification would have a devastating affect on his livelihood,” said Mr Dorrian.Judge Paul Kelly adjourned the case until June 5th saying he wanted to speak to Donaghey and will consider sending him on a pro social driver’s course.“It is quite a terrifying prospect for anyone else coming up that hill – we need some explanation for that,” he said.TRUCKDRIVER’S ACTIONS ‘POSED TERRIFYING PROSPECTS’ FOR OTHER DRIVERS – JUDGE was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalJudge Paul KellyLetterkenny District Courttruck
Gerrard came on for Lucas Leiva with 20 minutes remaining scrap Steven Gerrard will come face-to-face with Brendan Rodgers on Sunday in the first Old Firm clash of the season.Although it is a fixture which needs no extra edge, it will see Rangers boss Gerrard test his managerial wits against the man who effectively ended his Liverpool career.Back in 2014, Rodgers took his Liverpool side to the Spanish capital of Madrid to face Champions League holders Real in their own back yard. Having been beaten 3-0 by Carlo Ancelotti’s men at Anfield just two weeks before, Rodgers decided to make drastic changes and dropped Raheem Sterling, Mario Balotelli and captain Gerrard to the bench.This was the moment the former England captain knew his career at his boyhood club was over.Speaking in 2015 to Rio Ferdinand on BT Sport as part of ‘Rio Meets Steven Gerrard’, he revealed: “This was round about the time when I was doing a lot of thinking about what’s next for me. “I’d had a couple of initial chats with Brendan saying to me ‘I’m going to start managing your games and I have to look after you and I want you to be fresh and I don’t want you to be playing three games in a week because you may be tired.’“But this situation was a bit unique because it was Real Madrid and I wanted to play.“When I was told I wasn’t playing for the sake of the team and the squad and my relationship with Brendan, I took it and I accepted it.“But I sat on that bench devastated because I wanted to play so, it is one of those situations.” Rodgers’ decision to bench Gerrard for a Champions League clash at the Bernabeu was the final straw 2 2 Lucas Leiva, Joe Allen and Emre Can started in the Reds’ midfield ahead of Gerrard that evening, as Real won 1-0 thanks to a strike from Karim Benzema.For Gerrard, he was to stay at Liverpool until the end of the season before ending his 17-year affiliation by moving to MLS to play for LA Galaxy. Gerrard launches furious touchline outburst as horror tackle on Barisic sparks chaos Latest Scottish Premiership news
Roadworks in Ballybofey are causing lengthy tailbacks on roads in and out of the Twin Towns.Motorists have expressed their frustration with the traffic jams as cars crawl through the busy towns of Ballybofey and Stranorlar this Friday afternoon.Cars are said to be backed up as far out as the Kilross Junction approaching Stranorlar. Temporary traffic lights are in place on the N15 Donegal/Stranorlar Rd at Ballybofey as roadworks take place on the route.The roadworks notice is in place for this area until Friday, 6th of October.Traffic pandemonium sparks tailbacks in the Twin Towns was last modified: September 29th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
An Indian court has ordered that the man suspected of killing Donegal woman Danielle McLaughlin is to face four charges at trial.Danielle was found dead in Canacona, in Goa, on March 14, 2017, and local man Vikat Bhagat was quickly identified as the prime suspect in the killing.The 23-year-old is to stand trial on four charges: murder, rape, destruction of evidence and robbery of the Buncrana woman. Danielle’s mother Andrea has been granted a unique status during proceedings as she has been given permission to assist the prosecution.This means she has a lawyer representing her during the trial who can question witnesses. She also reserves the right to meet with the accused privately.Speaking to Independent.ie ahead of Danielle’s anniversary her devastated mother said her daughter was an “an amazing daughter, an amazing sister and an amazing friend”.“I would like to know why. My question is why. Why destroy her trust? Why take away my lovely daughter? Why let the world miss out, her sisters miss her terribly, her friends miss her. The world has lost a lot in losing her. She could have done so much good in the world,” she said. Andrea and her local community in Donegal have raised thousands to cover legal and investigative costs in the family’s bid to ensure Danielle gets justice but are still facing substantial bills.Anyone wishing to donate to the campaign to cover the legal costs associated with the case can do so by visiting the website www.truthfordanielle.com or visit any Ulster Bank and say they would like to donate to ‘The Truth For Danielle Fund’ with an account in Ulster Bank in Buncrana.Danielle suspect to stand trial for murder, rape, robbery and destruction of evidence was last modified: March 21st, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:buncranaDanielle McLaughlindonegalIndiamurdertrial
A star estimated to be one million years old already has a planet in orbit around it, the Spitzer Space Telescope (Hubble’s counterpart for infrared astronomy) has found. Astrobiology Magazine says this challenges old theories. Alan Boss (Carnegie Institute) thinks this supports his disk-instability model for planetary formation, in which gas giants can form quickly, in just hundreds or thousands of years (see 05/07/2001 headline). If so, “that has profound implications for the prevalence of planetary systems similar to our own,” he says. “That means you can make gas giant planets – a major component of our own solar system – in a short time scale, in even the shortest-lived disc.” Spitzer also found organic material in the disks of some stars, reports Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The “raw ingredients for life” appears to be in icy bodies that might be comets. If so, “Scientists believe these comets may have endowed Earth with some of its water and many of its biogenic, life-enabling materials.”It also means our solar system doesn’t have to be as old as claimed even under naturalistic presuppositions. Funny that you can have young-earth theories for other stars, but not our own. “Raw ingredients for life” again; sure. Iron ore and gypsum are raw ingredients for buildings. Once upon a time, these ingredients organized themselves into cities and factories and concert halls.(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
Step 2 — Create SubclipTo create a subclip, I can control-click on the source monitor and select Make Subclip. This will open up a dialogue box that will allow me to name my subclip, as well as specify if I would like to restrict the boundaries of the subclip.If I check this, then I will not be able to extend the clip beyond the subclip boundaries when I have the subclip in the timeline. (Be aware that you can also create subclips from the timeline panel.)Once I finish my first subclip, I can repeat steps 1 and 2 to create as many subclips as I need. Next, let’s organize our project. Step 3 — Get OrganizedMy final step is to organize my subclips. I will create a folder in my project panel and name it Good Soundbites.Now I can throw all of my subclips’ sound bites into the folder, and viola — I’m organized. If you’ve ever worked with another editor or had a client hanging over your shoulder, you know that this kind of organization makes a world of difference.Even if I return to this project at a later date, I’ll be able to quickly reference soundbites. Do you have other interview editing tips? Let us know in the comments. Learn how to streamline your edit by using subclips in this Adobe Premiere Pro video tutorial.Top image via Shutterstock.I use subclips in Adobe Premiere Pro to stay organized. They allow me to quickly reference interview sound bites without shuttling around in a lengthy raw clip. Ideally, I prefer to break my interviews into subclips right at the beginning of a project. Once I have these in place, the editing process becomes much smoother, especially if I’m working with a client or other editors.In this tutorial, I’ll take you through a quick step-by-step approach to creating subclips. Step 1 — Select the Sound BitesThe first thing I need to do is select a sound bite. To do this, I will load my raw interview clip into the source monitor. Once in the source monitor, I’ll listen to my clip and select a sound bite. To select a sound bite, I’ll simply place In and Out points in the source monitor. Now I’m ready to create my subclip.
Essential Reading! Get my first book: The Only Sale Guide You’ll Ever Need “The USA Today bestseller by the star sales speaker and author of The Sales Blog that reveals how all salespeople can attain huge sales success through strategies backed by extensive research and experience.” Buy Now The Wall Street Journal published a great article about Urban Meyer and the leadership coach he put on staff, Tim Kight. The gist of what Kight taught the team is that an event and the response together equal the outcome. In the terms Covey used, there is a gap between the stimulus and your response. You get to decide how you respond.Every time the Ohio State Buckeyes football team has experienced what should have been perceived as a seriously negative event, they have been coached to believe that they have an opportunity to decide how to respond. And they have had events that would have shaken the belief of any team, including the loss of two Heisman candidate quarterbacks, an early loss to a team they should have beaten on paper, and the disbelief of most all of their critics.What I hope strikes you most about all of this has nothing to do with football, nothing to with Meyer, and nothing to do with the amazing season Ohio State has had. They just serve as excellent examples of a bigger lesson.What I hope strikes you is that a high-performing, high achieving leader brought on a leadership coach for his team. He didn’t hire a coach to speak once, hoping that would be enough by itself to carry his team through the year. He made in investment in coaching and developing a certain mindset.I hope that you are struck by the fact that this leader believes so strongly that the game is won and lost first in the minds of his players and only then on the field. I hope you recognize the extraordinary power of belief when it comes to producing results. It is difficult to beat someone (or a team of someones) who refuses to allow themselves to be beaten in their minds.There is a power in morale, unit cohesion, esprit de corps. You don’t get this force multiplier when some people in a group share a different set of beliefs and when they don’t believe they are part of something.Leadership isn’t an easy art. But the heart of it may be in building the mindset and belief system that high-performing teams are built on.